COVID-19 Preventive Actions
Baylor Scott & White Surgicare Plano Alliance is observing the CDC’s recommended preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including COVID-19. Our number one priority is the safety of our patients and staff. We have implemented the following measures to ensure safety:
- Disinfecting work surfaces several times a day and disinfecting patient care areas as soon as the patient is transferred to another location or discharged.
- Implementing social distancing practices in our waiting area.
- Imposing visitor restrictions to one visitor per patient and no visitors in the patient care areas.
- Screening all patients prior to arrival at the center for symptoms/exposure to Covid-19 and travel history.
- Requiring staff to wear masks while the universal masking recommendations are in place.
- Making hand sanitizer available as you walk in and throughout the clinics where appropriate.’
- Requiring employees to stay home if they are experiencing any flu-like symptoms.
We are asking patients to join us in additional efforts, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before and after eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and sanitize your hands.
- Avoid shaking hands to potentially prevent transmission.
Most importantly, we ask that patients who are experiencing any cough, shortness of breath, fever, or other flu-like symptoms, to please stay home and reschedule their appointments. Also inform us if you have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for Cov-19 or have recently traveled out of state.
For additional information please visit the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
You may call our office at 469-367-0700 to cancel or reschedule if needed. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in protecting all our team members and patients.
Wishing you good health!